Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I'll try. 1995 Ford gravel truck ten speed. had full load…

Customer Question
OK i'll try...

OK i'll try . 1995 Ford gravel truck ten speed. had full load back into some lower ground went to pull out slow before I unloaded. Transmission make a big bang and have not one gear that works. However the input shaft appears to be OK. I put the pto on and it went into gear normal. When box got up I looked no drive shaft problem. So how far in side would guess. Or could it be something with the rear part

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Well wondering which gears would allow the pto to work but what gears would be broke to not allow any gear to make it move.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
8/5/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

The input shaft runs the PTO. If the rear driveshaft was not spinning while in gear trying move, that rules out the driveshaft and rear axle. This leaves the input shaft broken right after the PTO gear or the output shaft is broken. To address this the transmission will need to be removed and rebuilt.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician