Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 Ford Edge passenger power seat stuck in forward

Customer Question
2011 Ford Edge passenger...

2011 Ford Edge passenger power seat stuck in forward position. Is there a way to move the seat back manually?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes... Took to ford dealer, They shotgun fix. Want me to buy a new seat and the control switch. Said motor burned out and needs a switch. The motor has approx. 30 seconds of use since new. Switch works in all positions except to move seat back

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Approx. 78K miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it possible to move seat back manually?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Do you have memory seats?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Memory seat just on driver seat. I think

When you press horizontal forward movement, even though it is all the way forward does it attempt to move making a sound?

Do you have the skills and tools to unbolt the seat from the floor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When horizontal forward the seat moved all the way forward and stopped in the forward most position. Can't hear sound.
I do have the skills and tools to unbolt the seat from floor. Unbold seat from track or do I remove entire seat assy seat, track, and mounts?

Lets just unbolt the seat from the floor, tilt it back so you can unplug all connectors then tilt it all the way back onto the rear seat.

Here are your wire diagrams.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfsme2d16fhx2rg/mem1.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4b3ghovel7ym7r/mem2.pdf?dl=0

I do not know if you understand wiring or not but the switch sends a signal to the drivers seat module then it commands the seat motors and the motors have position sensors. Lets see if we can remotely power and ground the horizontal motor to see if it works and moves. Use jumper cables to the battery with short wire leads in the ends of the cables. Unplug the horizontal motor and apply power and ground to the green/blue and green/white wires. If it does not move then reverse the wires.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris