Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I changed out the oil pressure sensor on my e 350 van and it…

Customer Question
I changed out the oil...
I changed out the oil pressure sensor on my e 350 van and it ran fine for 45 mins..I drove 3 miles to Walmart came out and started it and let it idle for about 3- 5 mins when it conked out
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

I assume the repair was due to the prior sensor reading incorrect?

Is it right now a crank no start concern?

What liter engine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I travel 200 miles a day to work,mostly highway . On the last 10 miles on journey home the oil pressure gauge dropped and the van started running rough and died....I called my wife and waited about ten minutes and it started up, full oil pressure and ran great for about 7 miles and did the same again while I was waiting for a turn light.Then I managed to start it again and made the turn and it died again. So I went with the cheapest option and changed the sensor. I let run for 10 min ,went and got changed and drove it to home Depot ,where I let it idle for about 10 minutes and then she died

What liter engine?

Do you have the skills and tools to perform a manual oil pressure test?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a 5.4 triton. .and I have the ability but not the tools

Can you call your local parts store to see if they have the tools to loan so you can do this test.

I will be offline till tonight after this response.