Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 06 ford explorer v6 4x4. pronlem ac not blowing

Customer Question

Hi there i have a 06 ford explorer v6 4x4. pronlem ac not blowing cool conpressor its working fan its blowing but no cool. Its hot. I notice when i turn tem switch from cool to hot and back i dont hear nothing plus the ac lines are hot not cool
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. the compressors clutch on the front of the pulley is for sure spinning?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

and have you checked the high and low pressures?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I check the low side where system gets charge bit i dont know how to check the high pressure
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
O use a gauge to see if system its fully charge on low side, thats it.

ok, if the compressor is running, the lines are hot, and no cool air from the vents, the only way to find out whats wrong is to put an ac manifold gauge set on the vehicle hooked up to the low pressure port and the high pressure port. I need to know what both pressures are. Theres no way around it.

so you will either need to purchase a manifold gauge set or take it to a shop that has one.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Yhats the reading with koeo. And with engine running and ac on. Blue hose goes from 20 to 50 and the red hose goes to 160 when conpressor its running and down to 130 when conpressor its not running.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is how it looks now with the system empy

when the system is off and the car off. it should read around the ambient air temp

if it does then the system has a good charge

then once the system starts operating the low side should read 40-45 and cycle back down to 25.... high side should read 180 and cycle up to 225 ish.....

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
High side only goes up to 160 and cyrcles back to 130, what could be causing this?

what does the low side do?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It goes up to 55 then down to 20

what is the temperature where you are?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
90

55 is to high and 160 is to low. when the ow side is high and the high is low the compressor or compressors control valve is at fault.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where is it located? And how do i replace it?

here you go,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I teplace conpressor and problem its the same.

ok, I wil open this up to others to let them chime in with their thoughts