Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2008 F350 6.4 Desel with 110,000 miles on it .ford…

Customer Question
Hi , I have...

Hi , I have a 2008 F350 6.4 Desel with 110,000 miles on it .ford replaced the hydropump last year and two weeks ago my steering was acting up .checked power steering fluid and found water mixed in , ford did a powersteering flush , charged me and said it was all good , that was two weeks ago .will know the water is back and the fluid is half pint low. Do you think it's the hydro pump again ? Maybe they never changed it but rebuilt the original . That bill was 22 and change . Your opinion please

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

Two weeks after the flush . Steering was acting up

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No ford has been doing the job at a price , they want the truck for a few days to see were the problem is .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I want to know if he thinks the job was done right the first time with the hydro pump

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
Before I bring it back in . How else would water be getting in the power steering unit. Maybe they just rebuilt the original and charged me 2200 and change
They even charged me time and labor 550 for the flush two weeks ago .now water is back
Will check back later , or call me at(###) ###-#### Ernie . Thank you
8/5/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

This is a pressurized system so if water were able to get in, power steering fluid would be able to spray out with extreme pressure. The only way I can see water getting into this system is from a faulty cap on the reservoir allowing splashed water from the road and wheels to get into the system.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

That is not the case . The lid is on tight and ford just did a powering steering flush two weeks ago because of the same problem . Now what.

Are you 100% sure the system had water in it? There is no other place for water to get into this system other than the cap.

I'm sure , it happened the first time when the Hydro pumped failed .and was replaced , maybe they did not flush it right the first and second time and water was still in the system.

I will have to opt out because I can not see a way for there to be no leaks but to allow water in. Best of luck.

No thank you . Paid enough to already .thanks
Ford Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

No thank you , have a nice day .

You too.

No calls I'm finished with this ,

If you no longer need help there is no need to reply.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician