Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

1995 f150 idles perfect but wont accelerate. has check

Customer Question

1995 f150 idles perfect but wont accelerate. has check engine light that stays on constant cant read codes or make engine light blink. i am a shop owner but ihave replaced alot of things on this truck with no improvemets
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stay on constant
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cant reset or make blink blink or connect a scanner to it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ive tried iac valve distributor tps sensor fule pump fuel filter
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

I would try unplugging the mass air flow sensor and see if it will run better. If not, then try pulling the front O2 sensors ahead of the converters. If it's got a plugged converter this should give the exhaust a place to go and give it more power.

Please try these and let me know.

Thanks

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no maf sensor already pulled o2 sensor and it only has map sensor. my snap on brick will not communicate and ive tried to jump the eec and it will not make engine light flash either. the engine light stays on constant doesnt reset even when battery unplugged
Expert:  Mike V. replied 2 months ago.

I am going to have to open this back up for the other experts. Please don't rate or reply as it will lock it back to me.

Please stand by, someone will pick this up and help.