Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I have a 94 Ford e350 van with a 5.8 and the cel was on

Customer Question

I have a 94 Ford e350 van with a 5.8 and the cel was on because of the tps and after changing the tps it shifts good and smooth now but it has an intermittent miss/stumble in the engine. If I unplug the tps the miss/ stumble disappears and runs great but the van shifts hard. Any suggestions?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have not gotten a response from you yet
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. my name is ***** ***** to help you the best I can. Check to make sure the Tps switch is for automatic and not manual transmission.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It the only one available.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The tps I put on the van is the only one available

usually in the shop we can put engine in check mode to trigger a code rather then waiting for a three trip logic. Does the numbers on that TPS MATCH THE ORIGINAL?Have you cleaned the throttle body and maf sensor? I would put a code reader on it and see if there are any pending or history codes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like a refund please. I already have it figured out. I have used this service several times and always been happy with the service but not this time.