Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

A.C. compressor does not come on. I replaced the ccrm and

Customer Question

A.C. compressor does not come on. I replaced the ccrm and that didn't fix the problem. Took it to a mechanic and they also replaced the ccrm and it didn't work. 2nd mechanic wants to do the same. Everything else checks out as ok, switches, freon, etc. If powered directly the compressor comes on and ac blows cold. What else is there to look for?
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: I was told the freon level had been checked.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 99, 3.8 V6
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All of that was in the first post I sent
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Is this a Windstar or Mustang?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1999 mustang 3.8 V6

AC commanded on on at the AC high pressure switch, is the dark green/orange wire powered?

AC commanded on at the CCRM is there power to the red and dark green/orange wire, ground to the pink/yellow and black/white wires?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will have to check that. My original question was trying to find out what other problems might cause the compressor to not engage or to only engage for 20 to 30 seconds if the ccrm is not the problem. The ccrm was replaced by me and when it didn't work I took it to a shop who then also replaced the ccrm. A third ccrm was ordered but not used, I believe they did some testing and found the same results they were getting on the one they were planning on replacing. A second shop now wants to also replace the ccrm. I have not been able to find a wiring diagram that I can reliably be sure is for the correct year model. I have found 3 different pin assignments for that motor but no listing as to what year each is for. Given the hour I won't be able to check per your suggestion until tomorrow. Also curious: Do you know where I can find the wiring diagram for that year model?

I have the wire diagrams from Ford. I am trying to figure out what is wrong with these diag steps prior to just blurting out an answer based on an educated guess rather than facts.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I understand and there is time, I'm done in for tonight. I was hoping to get back on this repair in the morning if possible. I appreciate the care in researching an answer.

Thanks, ***** ***** back tomorrow when ready.