Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2006 Ford Escape will not shift out of park and the break

Customer Question

2006 Ford Escape will not shift out of park and the break lights seen to be working
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: No but ford did huge check about 2 weeks ago
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Check the brake switch by pressing and releasing to see if lbrake lights work
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Came upon us pretty sudden. What is the common fix on this model
Category: Ford
Expert:  davehop replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JA....tell me, do you hear a clicking noise whenever you step on the brake pedal? Sit in the car and turn the key on and step on and off the brake pedal several times tell me if you hear a clicking noise.