Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I set the mykey on my 2013 Ford Explorer and I only have 1…

Customer Question
I set the mykey...

I set the mykey on my 2013 Ford Explorer and I only have 1 key to the vehicle I'm lost so very very lost☹️

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?

No only 1 key came with the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I called theFord Dealership near my house to make an appointment and that's going to cost me

Mechanic's Assistant: Emailing***@******.*** is the best way to reach customer service.

Okay will do Thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
8/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ted G., ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician

Lately most locksmiths have the ability to make and code keys for your vehicle also and they often will come to you, it may save you some money and certainly should be able to get it done quicker than waiting for a dealer.