Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

1991 ford f 250 no fuel, doesn't start, but it's been a gas

Customer Question
1991 ford f 250...
1991 ford f 250 no fuel
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: doesn't start, but it's been a gas hog.
JA: Are you fixing your E250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: f250 check fuses put more gas in tanks, back tank full shows empty.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: could it be the tank switch.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: John Vieira, Ford Mechanic replied 4 months ago
John Vieira
John Vieira, Ford Mechanic

Hello and welcome, My name is ***** ***** I will be working with you on the issue ar hand.

yes, it could be a tank switch. As far as the gauge not reading correctly. Or switching to the other tank.

I wouldn't call it just the tank switch as the problem, I would be certain that I have gas in both tanks and then try to start the vehicle then check the fuel pressure, do you have a way to do this test, if its got fuel pressure and it still wont start then i would be looking at the ignition system. Ignition timing, there are plenty of things that can make it not start. The fuel level gauge combined with not starting doesn't mean its a tank switch that's the problem, it could be these other things I mentioned.

John Vieira
John Vieira
John Vieira, Ford Mechanic