Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a Ford Explorer 2006 Eddie Bauer and the alarm goes

Customer Question

Hello I have a Ford Explorer 2006 Eddie Bauer and the alarm goes off very often, especially when it is parked and another vehicle gets close (within 3 feet)
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet, it still belongs to a friend, he lent it to me for a few days so I could test it and I will buy it from him in a few days.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Is this the OEM alarm or an aftermarket one?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris