Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Ford Explorer 2006 Eddie Bauer and the alarm goes…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a Ford Explorer 2006 Eddie Bauer and the alarm goes off very often, especially when it is parked and another vehicle gets close (within 3 feet)

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet, it still belongs to a friend, he lent it to me for a few days so I could test it and I will buy it from him in a few days.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
8/4/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Is this the OEM alarm or an aftermarket one?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris