Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 mustang v6, had codes for erg valve with baro sensor on…

Customer Question
2003 mustang v6, had codes...
2003 mustang v6, had codes for erg valve with baro sensor on it, changed it with no luck to get running, cleared codes after to see if it would help and now I can't even get car to run, cranks but no start. Any ideas? Was trying to check fuel pressure but no valve on rail, seems like fuel pump comes on when I go to start since I took rear seat off but this car has 278,000 miles on it. What else should I look for?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 11 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Does the engine have spark while cranking? If so, does it run on starting fluid?

May I start by getting your VIN and the codes that came up in the computer after clearing them?

When I crank it it seems to want to run but dies out like a vacuum leak but can't find anything, can the converter be clogged maybe?

Got it. Thank you for that information.

You can certainly remove the converter or oxygen sensor before the converter to see if that does the trick.

I would start by checking for spark and fuel while cranking.

What component was replaced?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Alright put little hand held scanner on it and got 2 codes 1 for c1165 and 1 for u1900, give mea call to try to figure this out but let me know what number you r calling from please or I won't answer!
No just keep responding, not gonna pay the fee!
How can I test fuel pressure there's no valve for me to put it on?

I can lower the cost of the phone call down to 5 bucks for you. The system wont let me go any lower.

You can tap into the fuel line using a fuel pressure tester and adapters to check fuel pressure.

Which sensor did you replace? Can you send me a part number or a link so I can see?