Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

After it starts it runs for about 3 to 5 seconds and then…

Customer Question
After it starts it...

After it starts it runs for about 3 to 5 seconds and then shuts off

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2008 ford escape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i thought it my be a fule relay

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 1 year ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Is the check engine light on?

Are there any codes in the computer?

Have you checked the fuel pressure?

Sir, I am waiting for your reply so I can help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the engine light is on ,i havent had a computer on it yet i cant move it , its at my work

Ok, no problem.

There are a few things that you can do and or check.

First, check the fuel pressure, fuel delivery system and fuel pump.

Next check the air intake system, mass air flow sensor and air snorkle for cracks/rips.

You can spray starting fluid into the intake to see if the engine remains running. If so, you know you have a "fuel delivery concern" which is preventing the engine from running.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

If you have a better solution, I am all ears. :)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i said NO

I don't understand sir.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did you get that is all about the money or ore you going to help me with my car

Oh, your talking about the auto phone call message your getting.

No problem. We can continue here.