Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 99 f-350 that sometimes driving it will miss and…

Customer Question
I have a 99...

I have a 99 f-350 that sometimes driving it will miss and sometimes it dies. the check engine light will come on but it doesn't put a code in the computer. It will sometimes go for a couple of weeks to a month without doing it. Mechanic drove it for a week with the reader hooked up and it never showed anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on until it starts back up. it may only flash but it doesn't stay on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have changed 2 relays. the mechanic says he can find it by changing parts put it would be expensive just guess and checking until we find

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

what engine in it ? what is the vin#

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat