Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 99 f-350 that sometimes driving it will miss and

Customer Question

i have a 99 f-350 that sometimes driving it will miss and sometimes it dies. the check engine light will come on but it doesn't put a code in the computer. It will sometimes go for a couple of weeks to a month without doing it. Mechanic drove it for a week with the reader hooked up and it never showed anything.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: it stays on until it starts back up. it may only flash but it doesn't stay on.
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we have changed 2 relays. the mechanic says he can find it by changing parts put it would be expensive just guess and checking until we find
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

what engine in it ? what is the vin#

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat