Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Tor on my 1998 e-350 with 5.4 liter and still does not

Customer Question
Tor on my 1998...

Tor on my 1998 e-350 with 5.4 liter and still does not charge. Trying to find location of any fuses that may be to blame

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Mercedes-Benz E350. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No this is for a Ford econoline 350

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 11 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Do you have a digital volt meter and a test light so we can test to find and fix this problem?

I have already pulled the hot wire off of the alternator and put the red lead on the alternator and to ground and had nothing. Then I took it up to Advance Auto Parts and it tested good. Also, I do not have a battery warning light coming on after replacing the alternator, however I did have the battery warning light on with the old alternator
I can just type...I don't have as lot of money

You do not have to do a phone call, the site automatically offers it to you.

Do you have a digital volt meter?

I do have a digital meter

With the engine running set your meter to dc volts and tell me what the voltage is across the battery positive post and negative post please?

12.25 volts

With the engine off, unplug the alternator and test the orange wire with a light blue strip and the black wire with a orange strip wires please and tell me what the voltages are for them.

the plug that plugs in has a green wire with a red strip and a yellow wire with a white stripe and a black wire with a white stripe that is a small separate plug that plugs in next to it
ok...never mind....please refund my money....I'm taking it to a shop. Too much lag of communication

I need to know what the voltage is on the yellow wire with the white strip, and the big wire that is bolted to the back of the alternator please.