Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Its keeps cutting off while driving but if you wait bout ten

Customer Question
mins it cuts back on..I...
Its keeps cutting off while driving but if you wait bout ten mins it cuts back on..I just replaced the fuel pump,the starter and air filter then just did the tape on the wire that's coming from the battery and was touching the metal bar and was melt..I google that one..but its still doing the samething
JA: When was the last time the filter was replaced? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: Everything been good until now..the first time it cut off they said a fuel pump o did that the second time the starter I did that.. YESTERDAY they said the air filter I changed that then I google and seen where a lot of expedition owners was talking bout the wire I looked a mines this morning and it was burned got that taped up bit its still doing it
JA: What year is your MINI?
Customer: 2001 ford expedition and o just tired again it crunk up and cut right back off
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes my brother n law ..again we changed the fuel pump with the linen,starter and air filter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No sir
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
8/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. is the security light going out while cranking? if so then are you getting rpms when cranking?

are you there?

just checking in to see how its going

Ron, ASE Certified Technician