davehop
davehop, Ford Technician
Experience:  Fully certified in all phases of automotive repair as recognized and certified by Ford Motor Company
14289869

My car stopped and the Check Gage light went on, The Check

My car stopped and the Check Gage light went on
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The Check Gage warning on the dashboard
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2005 Ford Explorer
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't fixed anything
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just turned off the car and turned it back on
Hello and welcome to JA....does your Explorer start up with no problem?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No problem.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No problem starting the car.
let me get the scenario correct the car stalled and was able to start right back up is the check engine light on while the vehicle is running?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is. So, basically - what shall I do when the Check Gage light turns on like that? I would really appreciate that advice right now.
When the check engine light comes on you need to have the system scanned because if the light is on that means there's a Code stored in the system the best advice I could give you is to get to a Pep Boys or Advance Auto or AutoZone store those type of places will scan the car for free then you can tell me which code is in the memory and then I can tell you what might be wrong with your vehicle
Please rate my answer to your question....the rate tab is at the top of your screen....I only get credit for helping you when you rate my answer....you can return to this post once you have obtained the code(s) stored in the system so I can further assist you in determining what is wrong with your vehicle and repairing it. If you are not satisfied with my answer please continue to ask questions until you are satisfied. Thank you for using justanswer.com.
Are you still in need of assistance?