Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Truck 2000 f250 wont staet when the outside temp is high

Customer Question
after it's been running just...
truck 2000 f250 wont staet when the outside temp is high after it's been running just fine. If it's 70 deg or cooler outside it starts right up after driving around. always runs great until you turn it off, pleanty of power idles perfect every is good but when outside temp is 90 deg or higher and you've been driving for awhile running great once you turn it off it will not start. truns over just fine, something is telling gaspump to shut off and the brake peddle stiffens up. once truck has cooled down and outside temp is below 70 deg it starts right up like nothing was ever wrong. it could be 105 outside and you would never think you have a problem by the way the truck runs but dont turn it off.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: gas mile is about 11 miles to gal city driving 16 hwy and thats been the same for a very long time now.
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: when its hot outside and wont start, engine is conpletly cold i'll switch relays around and then it will start again. only when truck is completly cold though.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: something is telling the gas pump to stay shut off. it's a lack of gas that it wont start, doesnt matter if tank is full or almost empty it's always outside temp that affects it.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
8/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech replied 3 months ago
Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech

Hi welcome to just answers my name is ***** ***** the engine light turns on before or after it stalls or after restart?

have you check if is spark or fuel the problem , THE MOMENT THE PROBLEM DUPLICATES ITSELF?

Engine never stalls, it runs like a champ until you turn it off. No engine light and nothing comes up when you plug it into test machine. It starts for just a second this is the residiagal fuel but once it's gone thats it. It can turn over and over and over again but will not start until it cools down outside and then it starts like nothing was ever wrong. SOMETHING IS TELLING THE FUEL PUMP TO STAY OFF. Please beleave what i'm telling you.

************

sorry for the delay let me read your text and get back to you in 2 minutes

sorry i have to opt out i have connection problems and don't want to prolong your wait time.

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

The other tech opted out, would you like me to help?

Ford Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 3 months ago
tims auto repair
Phone call session started

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yh1csqv8ncl19c/0803-ford-%20is%20located%20in%20the%20instrument%20panel%20relay%20box.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/9yh1csqv8ncl19c/0803-ford-%20is%20located%20in%20the%20instrument%20panel%20relay%20box.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

tims auto repair
tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic