sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

04 aviator, started stalling at stops, loss of power and the

Customer Question

04 aviator, started stalling at stops, loss of power and the AC compressor has broken the belt, ive put 2 brand new compressors in. Machanic cleaned up everything he thought would make it stall, i changed the ac system and niw its worse than b4 wont drive at all
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: It wasnt at first and showed no codes either but now it is since changing the ac system n belt
JA: Are you fixing your Aviator yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. My nails are to long lol
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that since the machanic cleaned everything up its working much worse. It was drivable but after driving 1.5 miles from the shop yesterday its not. Compr
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Compressor keeps locking up and ive put 2 brand new ones in, no engine lights, no codes, fuses all good. Now its over heating, now I have engine lights but before I didnt. I drove it to the shop originally just stalled at stops but after leaving the shop yesterday, i had to get a tow.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the compressor is locking up it's either due to a restriction in the system, a lack of oil, or failures of the compressors themselves. Aftermarket compressors are pretty troublesome but it wouldn't be that likely for all of them to catastrophically and in the same way.

In addition to replacing the compressors is anything else being done?