Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

1998 4.2l Ford would start until I switched spark plug wires…

Customer Question
1998 4.2l Ford would start...
1998 4.2l Ford would start until I switched spark plug wires number one to number three and number five to number four. Timing chain is set correct. Pls help.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 6 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, it would run until you replaced the ignition wires? Or you have them crossed and need the correct firing order?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician