Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

P0272, fuel injector 4 is bad and code p2284. icp sensor.

Customer Question
P0272, fuel injector 4...

P0272, fuel injector 4 is bad and code p2284. icp sensor. Trying to figure all this out. problem is it runs like crap when cold. after 10 minutes or so it runs better. Ford put revx in it 2 years ago and that helped for a while but not anymore. Lately it has been running bad (misfiring) even when warm. I think this is fuel injector #4 that is completely bad now. But what is an ICP sensor and what does it do as I am getting that error code too

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered? What is the model of your '10 Ford?

I never get error lights on the vehicle. I can only see the codes by plugging in my code reader. P2284, ICP sensor is one of the codes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I am fixing it myself. Fuel injector stiction has always been a problem. I have tried rev x and tried replacing the FICM and tried hot shots anti-stiction additive and all have failed to resolve the problem. I have also switched to 5w40 full synthetic oil and that does not help either

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think thats pretty much it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
8/2/2017
Ford Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 10 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

The icp code is for the coil for cylinder 4. If the injector is vad, then both of these codes will come up. You should also be getting a p0304 code too.

I don't get a p0460 code. I did see a p0460 code but cleared it and it hasn't come back. Sounds to me like I need to replace fuel injector on cylinder 4 correct? Or could it be the glow plug causing the problem?

I am so sorry. I did not realize this was a diesel. I will have to pit out and let another expert help you. Sorry for any confusion.

It's a 2006 ford 6.0 powerstroke diesel

I see that no one has been able to help you. Would you like me to work with you to see what we can find out? I do have the factory service data, but I do not work on diesels. I will do the best I can to help you if you would like me to.