Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have Engine IDLED massage, 5000, F550 Diesel 2016, yes I…

Customer Question
Hi I have Engine...

Hi I have Engine IDLED massage

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

5000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

F550 Diesel 2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have indication of Engine IDLED SEE Manual and DEF liquid is full

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes How to rest the massager massage

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/3/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Are you getting the excessive idle code? If so, turn the truck off and restart it. The code should clear.

To keep the code from coming back, the parameter needs to be changed in the engine ECM. The EPA has the code to come on when the truck idles for too long and with the "ambulance" settings, that code gets turned off. It is the only way to keep it from not coming back on.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How to declare the ECM code?
Vehicle can not move only ideal

I thought you had a high idle code.

So the vehicle is in limp mode where you can only idle and nothing else? If that is the case, then a Ford scanner will need to pull the code to see what code you have. The codes that limp the vehicle to idle are typically related to the aftertreatment system. The only way to get those codes is with the Ford scanner. There isn;t a way around it on a 2016 Ford Super Duty.