Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The plastic cover over the instrument panel is fogging over.

Customer Question
The plastic cover over...

The plastic cover over the instrument panel is fogging over. I want to remove only the plastic cover and clean it. Dealer wants to remove the entire instrument panel.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 ford fusion

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well yes, the dealer wants to remove the entire instrument panel. Would like them to do it, but the cost is prohibitive. Have not tried anything yet..

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
8/2/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Ford Mechanic: Merc320, Technician replied 11 months ago
Merc320
Merc320, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you.

This is an easy job to do.

Remove two screws on the top of the instrument panel .

Slide the top out and pull all electrical connections off the back.

With panel on table gently prize the plastic clips up to release the plastic front.

Wipe screen dry and make sure instrument panel unit is dry or it will happen again.

Keep me informed please.

Any joy ????