Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My Ford F350 won't start in the morning. If I raise the hood

Customer Question
My Ford F350 won't start...
My Ford F350 won't start in the morning. If I raise the hood & wait about 10 minutes, the
truck will start. I've replaced the ECM, ignition switch, MAP sensor, temp sensor, therm-
ostat, high pressure fuel pump & the distributor.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
It's a gasoline 460 cubic inch with dual gas tanks.
Answered in 5 days by:
8/8/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 3 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I've been away for a few days and see this question is still holding in the queue. Did you still need assistance with it?

I also see you have done quite a bit. Was a vacuum test done on this vehicle?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I'm ASE certified in brakes, front end & engine repair. No vacuum test was done. I live in Tenn. but am here in
Colorado until August 20. The truck had a 195 degree thermostat in it but I put in a 160 degree & drove it for
awhile. When this happened, I went back to a 195 degree thermostat.
I'm in Colorado on vacation until August 20. The truck is in Tennessee. Can we put this on hold
until I return? Philip Lawrence
Ford Mechanic: Cary York,
 replied 3 months ago
Cary York
Phone call session started
A vacuum test was done. It's got 20 inches at idle.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician