Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I replaced my buddys front brakes last week and he didn,t…

Customer Question
I replaced my buddys...

I replaced my buddys front brakes last week and he didn,t take the reservoir cap off. I refilled the reservoir and forgot to decompress the bladder. Now his ABS light comes on and gets occassional ABS brake vibrations. Is that a low brake fluid warning?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

My understanding is just the ABS light.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2003 I think.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the front brakes for a friend. Won't see it again til tomorrow.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that covers it.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 1 year ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, what kind of ford is this? 2 or***** What did you replace, pads and rotors? Front or rear?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Four-wheel-drive just front brakes and rotors
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not making this complicated . When the brake fluid is low does the ABS give you a warning ?

Not the abs light but the red brake warning light will come on. Just compressing the pistons in the caliper without removing the cap will not cause the abs light to come on. Four wheel drive what? F150, 250, expedition?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Expedition
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Explorer, sorry

Ok the front rotors are just top hat rotors that sit on the hubs. Either you somehow damaged one of the front wheel speed sensors wires or the tone wheel the sensor reads off of or you have a different issue. But it will not be caused by leaving the master cylinder cap on. Inspect the front sensor wires and the tone wheels for damage and repair as necessary. Otherwise you will need to get a scan tool capable of communicating with the abs module and see what code or codes are stored to find out what the issue is with the system.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, thanks for your help.

You are welcome, if you need more help please let me know. If I was helpful, please leave a positive rating.