Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Moose, 2004 F250 super duty 6.0 diesel, when my truck is…

Customer Question
2004 F250 super duty...

2004 F250 super duty 6.0 diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

When my truck is running and running very well but when I slam down the hood the truck stahls and when I go to restart its hard but when I spray a shot of either into breather it dose start right back up and runs fine .

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-250 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?

To my knowledge its the original engine , ive had a new turbo put on we replaced all eight injectors new filters as I said it sounds really good just cant figure out why it stahls . next step is asking you . we also unplugged all connections cleaned and install diode grease electric connections . my last thing I will take it to the dealer and have it checked on computer . the hand held one says nothings wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that's about it for now again its confusing to me because it really sounds good when its running , I did notice a slight air sound that kicks on and off evry once in the while if that means anything to you thx wes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey Moose
I was asking about my 2004 F250 super duty 6.0 its just the weirdest thing truck is running very good I just don't know why its stahling when I slam hood and as I said its hard to start without a shot of either and then it runs good again .so what do you think it could be thx wes
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/2/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ray M., Ford Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech

Hi Wes

Perhaps I can help you. Do you know where the ICP sensor is located on your engine, is it in the right valve cover or down behind the turbo?