Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2017 F150 stuck in park? No codes - i can check the brake…

Customer Question
2017 F150 stuck in...

2017 F150 stuck in park ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?

No codes - i can check the brake lights ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are installing a truck topper to the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I'm aware of

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 1 year ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

hello, you put a new topper on the truck and now the shifter wont come out of park? Did the new topper have a brake lamp to hook up or have you messed with any of the lighting on the truck? Do all the brake lights work when you depress the brake pedal?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The brake lights work but the 3 brake light does not ?

The 3rd brake light on the cab or the one on the new top? Do you hear a click when you depress the brake on the shifter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
we do

Then the shifter should move out of park since the main truck lights are working, the third brake light works directly off the stop lamp switch though, if you messed with any of this wiring, this is the area to inspect first for proper connection.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay , I'll start with that and see what I can find....Thank you for your help

You are welcome, if you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful please leave a positive rating, if the wiring got cut or not a good contact this will cause the third stop lamp not to work, but if you hear the shift interlock solenoid click, the shifter should move, so make sure all this wiring is intact first before bringing it to a dealer under warranty. or they will charge you for any repairs if they can prove it was due to something you did.