HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

2017 F150 stuck in park? No codes - i can check the brake

Customer Question

2017 F150 stuck in park ?
JA: Do you have brake lights? Have any trouble codes popped up?
Customer: No codes - i can check the brake lights ?
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We are installing a truck topper to the vehicle
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

hello, you put a new topper on the truck and now the shifter wont come out of park? Did the new topper have a brake lamp to hook up or have you messed with any of the lighting on the truck? Do all the brake lights work when you depress the brake pedal?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The brake lights work but the 3 brake light does not ?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

The 3rd brake light on the cab or the one on the new top? Do you hear a click when you depress the brake on the shifter?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we do
Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

Then the shifter should move out of park since the main truck lights are working, the third brake light works directly off the stop lamp switch though, if you messed with any of this wiring, this is the area to inspect first for proper connection.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay , I'll start with that and see what I can find....Thank you for your help
Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

You are welcome, if you need more help or information please let me know. If I was helpful please leave a positive rating, if the wiring got cut or not a good contact this will cause the third stop lamp not to work, but if you hear the shift interlock solenoid click, the shifter should move, so make sure all this wiring is intact first before bringing it to a dealer under warranty. or they will charge you for any repairs if they can prove it was due to something you did.