Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can't remove pinion pin bolt, 1998 mustang v6, Striped bolt…

Customer Question
Can't remove pinion pin...

Can't remove pinion pin bolt

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1998 mustang v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

Striped bolt head with 8 mi wrench tried chisel stlll won't budge

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just some tips

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
8/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Sometime I would have to cut the head of the bolt off and this relieves pressure on the bolt and then drill a hole into the bolt using a reverse twist drill bit and use an easy out to pull out the bolt. You may also want to apply heat with small torch on the thread side of bolt area and this will soften the locktite. Sometimes when drilling with reversible bit on cut off bolt the bolt will start to come out on its own.

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"