Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have lowered the fuel tank and replaced the pump. I am…

Customer Question
I have lowered the...

I have lowered the fuel tank and replaced the pump. I am replacing the straps but I cannot seem to get the tank into the correct position to get the straps on and hook up the hoses to the filler cap tube and the smaller pressure relief hose. Does the seam of the tank have to go above the frame and then slide in towards the wall?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

The battery is dead, I have not tried to crank it. No it is not a gas hog, it's a E-150 cargo with the 6 cyl. The other pump died.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Cargo?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cargo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am doing it myself. I have lowered the fuel tank, replaced the fuel pump and am trying to get the tank back into position with a hydralic jack so I can get the straps back on it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
8/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Here are the Ford steps https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrl7zgtv4sb57ad/fueltank.pdf?dl=0 though I am not certain this shows well enough eactly what you are asking. If memory is right, the seam on the tank is about where the straps attach to the frame and the seam will go into the channel of the frame some. I normally position the tank where it goes, verify the straps will go into the correct place and secure, but not attach them. I then lower the tank a couple of inches at the filler neck to give me more access to attach it. Then push the tank back up and secure it with the straps.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician