Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Its a 2004 freestar. It Acts as if it is haunted. There are

Customer Question

Its a 2004 freestar. It Acts as if it is haunted. There are a number of electrical issues. it seems to affect almost all of the circuits excluding the headlights and ac unit. I wonder what the symptoms might be if it is a disfunction of the APU. Or what the symptoms might be if there is a malfunctioning capacitor in the unit. Is it feasible to replace parts of the computer or if the whole thing could be replaced. Many mechanics want to start replacing systems that display this malfunction though I suspect that it is coming from the computer. Which by the way does not show anything wrong at all when the diagnostic is run.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Yes, they all seem to be fine. The issue appears to move around and only reveals itself one thing at a time. Sometimes the locks are quirky, sometimes its in the cruise control, sometimes the dome lights flicker
JA: Are you fixing your Freestar yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, though i had the cam sensor replaced with no avail
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Now it is appearing with the pickup when i give it gas.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Sometimes the locks are quirky, can you go into more detail?

sometimes its in the cruise control, can you go into more detail

sometimes the dome lights flicker, is this with the car on or off? Do you get a door ajar warning also when this occurs?