Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My advance auto trac sign came on and now it says service

Customer Question

my advance auto trac sign came on and now it says service power steering now .. i took it to my mechanic and he checked the fuses and everything but can't figure out what's wrong.
JA: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?
Customer: i just got the fluid checked 2 days before it happened. and no
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2010 Ford Fusion SE
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, it's at my mechanics shop right now and he told me he had checked the fuses.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no ma'am .
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

These warnings have resulted in trouble codes stored. Does your mechanic own a good enough scan tool to get the codes from these systems?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i don't think so.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i was really just wondering should i take it to the ford dealership.

I can provide possible causes and an educated guess, but without knowing those codes I can not pinpoint this to the accuracy I would like. Just let me know. If your mechanic does not have the appropriate tools it is highly likely he will not be able to diagnose nor repair this. A shop with more sophisticated tools and knowledge of these 2 systems would be needed. A dealer would be best but some independent shops can do it.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
do you know how much it would cost for this repair if i take it to a ford dealership?

To give you an accurate answer I would need to know more and do some diag to see which parts are faulty. I hate that I can not provide something better, but only knowing what lights are on, does not help alot. At minimum about 200$ and maximum could be as high as 1800$