Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I lost my key at work so i tore out the ignition but could…

Customer Question
I lost my key...

I lost my key at work so i tore out the ignition but could if the wire to bypass the system i need to know if i can bypass it

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1998 ford ranger v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes its in the parking lot at work i took out the ignition can i cross over a wire

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not sure

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
8/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 8 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Did your key have a think black top on it or a thin black top?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician