Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2004 F350 6.0 wont start, it cranks, but wont start, I

2004 F350 6.0 wont...

2004 F350 6.0 wont start, it cranks, but wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?

I scanned it and I have 3 injectors with a misbalance and one with a misfire. the fuel pump is good. ran it yesterday morning, parked it, now it wont start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not sure if I can check the FICM without it running. I want to do the repairs myself. I'm a heavy equipment mechanic, just don't know these smaller vehicles.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to check the injection pump

8/1/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Will your scan tool allow for reading the ICP pressure while cranking?

Which code numbers are stored?

ICP press. is 200.51
codes: PO266, PO275, P2617

Was that 200.51 psi or kpa while cranking?

I believe it was psi.

Your codes are for cylinders 2 and 5 not contributing as much power as the other cylinder and 2617 is a for a crank or camshaft not reading correct. This code can affect the IRPs control over the high pressure oil pump and ICP reading. For the engine to start you must have at least 500 psi. Can you monitor the CMP and CKP sensors while cranking and confirm there readings are similar and accurate between 100-300 rpms?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

What is IRPs, CMP, and CKP? I think CMP is camshaft and CKP is crankshaft sensors.

IPR is injector pressure regulator that controls the high pressure oil to the fuel injectors.

CMP is camshaft position sensor

CKP is crankshaft position sensor.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
should I be able to get all these readings with my scanner? I have a Genesis evo

I have never used that tool. I have used the Ford WDS IDS and the autoenginuity tools. You can try, it will not hurt.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician