Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Will not start when engine compartment is hot, Have check…

Customer Question
Will not start when...

Will not start when engine compartment is hot

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Have check them looks good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2009 f150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

After I wait with hood open it cools off then will stsrt

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Checked all fuses they are good

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Ford Mechanic: Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech replied 11 months ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Won't start or won't crank over?

Won't crank

OK I will open the question back up.

No
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

Have you had the battery clamps cleaned and the battery tested to see if it is good? The battery will need more power to turn starter when the engine area gets hot.