Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2010 fusion the dash disply keeps show ck fuel inlet

Customer Question

my 2010 fusion the dash disply keeps show ck fuel inlet tried to clear it but keeps coming back. i used the filler tube that came with the car like it said in the book but still wont clear.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: it starts fine. i only drive it a few miles a week probably less than 25 miles in city so cant really tell about the gas milage. the car just has 57000 miles on.
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just used the filler tube that comes with the car . I inserted it several times and turune it around and pulled it out then tried to reset the inf page.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. Have you had it scanned for any codes?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I haven't I did what it told me in the car manual about using the plastic fuel filler tube that came with the car. The tried to rest code on dash.

Try going by the local parts store and see if they will pull codes for you they should do it for free, if there is a acomping code this will help with the diagnosis process