Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Gauges stopped working, 2004 super Duty diesel, 3 yes. Last

Customer Question

Gauges stopped working
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2004 super Duty diesel
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 3 yes. Last week
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Will it still crank and start and respond to throttle?

Key on, does the tow/haul button respond when pressed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Fuse 45 was bad

This fuse powers the issues you have and the questions I asked about. Likely the wires coming out of the shifter are frayed and touching the top of the steering column under the upper steering column shroud.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris