Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 F150 5.4. On Thursday my ac stopped working.

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 F150 5.4. On Thursday my ac stopped working. Compressor won't engage. On Friday the truck won't start. Battery is good. replaced starter still won't start, replaced neutral safety switch, still won't start. Jumped from ignition switch to starter , can at least start truck now. Is there a ground issue that would affect both starter and ac? It seems odd that both would go out one day apart.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No, battery is fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

The ac compressor won't engage and replaced the starter and neutral safety switch. Yes trying to fix myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Like I said, it seems odd that both went out within a day of each other. That is why I trying to find out a common connection or a ground issue.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
7/31/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 9 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. Do you have a volt meter.

I have checked all of the fuses and they are good.

double check it and make sure it has power to it

automatic or manual climate control?

The fuse is not blown, is there a connection between this fuse for the ac and the starter?

i asked you to check for power at the fuse sir

I guess it would be manual control.

I need to know for sure. does it have digital temp temp control readings?

No it does not

ok, thank you.

I replaced the starter, the original wasn't bad. I replaced the neutral safety switch, it didn't appear to bad either. could the ignition switch be the problem?

I wish I can say yes, but we need to est a few things first.

ok

pull the ac clutch relay. let me know when you it that done

sorry, you have to give me a little time to run back and forth to the truck. pulled the relay.

ok

ok done heard a clicking noise when connected the jumper

but the compressor clutch didnt engage? or kick on?

I have to get to my shop.Ill be back on in an hour.

hows it going?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician