Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We bought a 2000 ford ranger yesterday didn't give us any…

Customer Question
We bought a 2000...

We bought a 2000 ford ranger yesterday didn't give us any problems starting until my husband changed the battery and know the theft light blinks crazy and a dinging keeps going.. I've been doing research and everything points to a pats key but when we bought it it only came with one single all metal key

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

We left the battery off for 30 min

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well the battery is brand new and my husband checked the fusses maybe not the right ones.. it doesn't have any peer doors or locks and like I said we only got one all metal key with it no keyless entry or pats key

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/31/2017
Ford Mechanic: Craig Manning, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Craig Manning
Craig Manning, ASE Certified Technician
Hello my name is***** can try to disconnect both battery cables and touch them together for 1 minute this will reset the Keep-Alive-Memory on all the control modules and may solve your issue. If not you will need to contact someone with a PATS compatible computer (most locksmiths have them and are cheaper than a dealership).Please remember to rate my service and accept the answer before you leave the site today, it will not end our conversation.