Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2005 ford escape, It has started losing power to

Customer Question

I have a 2005 ford escape, It has started losing power to where it has a hard time getting to 70 mph on the freeway. It will shift into a lower gear, but does not accelerate.
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?
Customer: Factory transmission... I have not checked the brake switch
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am not fixing it myself... I have replaced the ho2s bank 2 sensor, and the fuel pressure regulator.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When they replaced toe ho2s sensor the old one looked like it had been dented by something
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

Hello, how many miles are on this transmission? Is it 2 or***** No warning lights on or any diagnostic trouble codes stored? Transmission fluid level is full and doesnt smell burnt?