Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I havea 2008 Taurus and can't seem to bleed the air out, I…

Customer Question
I havea 2008 Taurus...

I havea 2008 Taurus and can't seem to bleed the air out, I changed the thermostat and added Peak coolant

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

226,732, mostly highway miles the car has been stout

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Taurus yourself? What have you tried so far?

I havea 2008 Taurus and can't seem to bleed the air out, I changed the thermostat and added Peak coolant tried bleeding via the coolant reservoir releasing the bubbles

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can hear the air trapped while attempting the bleed, it run hot quickly now, afraid for the engine!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. Do you have the coolant funnel kit?

I don't have a funnel kit
I have done this car before without any problem

I would get the funnel kit and if that dosent get it I would suspect a head gasket and test for that

hows it coming?