Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I need to diagnose an air conditioning issue with my 2012…

Customer Question
I need to diagnose...

I need to diagnose an air conditioning issue with my 2012 Ford F-150 with the 5.0 motor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

My C system will not blow cold air and only blows hot air. I have put a set of manifold gauges on the high side and low side of the system. The low side reads very high ps my C system will not blow cold air and only blows hot air. I have put a set of manifold gauges on the high side and low side of the system. The low side reads very high at 120 PSI. The high side refrigerant reads normal around 225 psi

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The truck has 165,000 Miles on it and the AC compressor is original to the truck.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 6 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, it sounds like a leaking compressor. If the system was overcharged both the low and high sides would read higher than normal pressures. Its cross leaking inside the compressor causing the low side to read higher. Other possible issue is if the expansion valve is sticking, which could be due to the compressor falling apart. If you replace the compressor the drier and expansion valve should be replaced together. Most auto parts stores require replacing these components so it will have a warranty on the compressor.

HDGENE
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans