Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Ford F150 trailer tail lights do not work brake and turn do…

Customer Question
Ford F150 trailer tail...

Ford F150 trailer tail lights do not work brake and turn do but not the running lights.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

Replaced the lights and plug and the running lights wont work on any trailer I hook to it

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F150?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have not done any thing but checked the fuses in the past but not sure on if I got the right ones

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Am not sure about the trailer brake fuse or break problem on my trailer

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 8 months ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** me look at a wiring diagram, give me a few minutes, thanks

Do any of the park lights work front or rear? Or are they all out?

All lights on the truck work but the tail lights or parking lighrs on the trailers do not

Ok just the trailer light portion is inoperative, let me look at that.

cancel but thanks anyway

Ok check fuse 40 inside the vehicle at the body control module, and then check fuse 67 under the hood in battery distribution box. See if one of these is blown.

Thanks I will check them and call back if I need more help.

Can I ask why you are canceling?

Don't have a smart phone and did not know enough about the sight at this time but will keep it in mind.

You don't have to have a smart phone, we can use this chat until you are finished.

I am in the house on my computer thanks anyway

Ok

Ron, ASE Certified Technician