Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

Having major vibration at stop. Came off interstate last

Customer Question

Having major vibration at stop. Came off interstate last night, at the stop with my foot on the brake violent shaking. Put in neutral and vibration stopped. No further issues next 2 miles
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2012 fusion
JA: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Done nothing. Don't know where to start
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Clean
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Shifting hard from 1to 2 this last week
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. Did the shaking feel like it was in the wheel or body of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Body of the vehicle

did the brake peddle pulsate when applied

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't think so. I was so surprised by this.

Sounds like you might have a torque converter thats not unlocking, have you had it scanned for any codes? Also have you checked the trans fluid level

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Fluid is good. Planning on taking in to dealership tomorrow. Just looking for some answers ahead of my visit.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is it ok to drive? Or will I cause damage?

I would suspect an issue within the transmission they have a shudder that the torque converter causes. If the vehicle is shifting and driving fine with no noises, obvious issues or check engine lights coming on you should be ok to take it in

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you!

Also before you approve anything let me know what they say is wrong and what they want to repair. I might be able to help you save money and maybe its something we both can get installed together.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much .You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Please also note that you are getting 20 years of electrical and mechanical knowledge and experience at a fraction of the cost of a dealer, giving me a rating is the ONLY way im compensated for my time and knowledge, I hope that you will respect this by giving me a 5 star rating as customer satisfaction is my number one goal. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free for 3 more weeks!