Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Replacing o2 sensor, however, driver door says date 10/03,

Customer Question
vin # says 2004, just...
Replacing o2 sensor, however, driver door says date 10/03, vin # says 2004, just want to make sure I get right part.
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: Not yet, check engine light came on, took it to part store they told me o2 sensor bad
JA: What is the model of your '10 Ford?
Customer: 2004 F150 heritage 4.2L if you go by the vin#
JA: Are you fixing your Heritage yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just trying to find out if I bought the right parts, bought brake pads for 2004, but needed pads for 2003
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 3 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always
have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is to get
you on
the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear, see, smell or
touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your understanding
of
that is greatly appreciated. There are no magical answers,
but I do
my best to guide you in the right direction.

If this is a legal car and was never stolen with wrong data on the VIN, then go by the VIN for any parts purchases, NOT the sticker.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

After doing more parts research, the 4.2 O2 sensors are the same for either year, and there was no Heritage in 2003, they started in 2004 according to the manufacturer.

Thanks again, Ron

Do you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks, Ron

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor