Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

The wrench light come on and my check engine light has been…

Customer Question
The wrench light come...

The wrench light come on and my check engine light has been on and they said the reason my check engine light was on because of the fuel rail sensor well today I washed my motor and got back in it and my wrench light was on and it barely wants to run and when I give it gas it don't do nothin but sometimes I'll get lucky and it will start up and go! But it will spit and sputter

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2005 Ford Mustang 4.0 v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mustang yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've been watchin so many videos and I don't know what to do anymore I've tried a lot of stuff but it's not fixing it but my brother pulled a fuse and put another one in the same place and I gave my car gas and it worked but my engine light and wrench light was still on and I got got the house and it started doing it again well I got it started up and running and I was going down the road and I press the gas all the way down and it didn't really get up and go which it was accelerating but not like it usually does and it wouldn't go past 4 Rpms and I also shifted it down into 3rd going down the road and it started spitting and sputtering and it's an automatic car also

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No mam not that I know of!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 6 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

1st thing to try is to locate the fuel rail pressure sensor, if you look on the top of the engine its should be the same as the attached image

with the ignition off disconnect the sensor and use some compressed air to blast both side clean and dry, ideally use some contact cleaner too, brake cleaner will also do the trick

then re-connect it and see if this clears the fault

you may have to do this for the rest of the engine sensors too

it want hurt if I spray cleaner on all the plugs?

Hello

not at all, as long as its a proper switch / contact cleaner that evaporates off do not use WD40

I want a refund yall charged me 28$ and it was only suppose to be 5$ it's gonna be hell if I don't get my money back My dads a damn lawyer I'll sew yalls company!!!
you didn't even help that wasn't my prob!!!!
Problem

Hello

if you still have the issue then I'm happy to try and work with you to solve it?

alternatively if you don't want to proceed then you cna request a refund

see this link for instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Matt, Engineer