Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1986 ford E350 diesel we changed the steering box…

Customer Question
I have a 1986...

I have a 1986 ford E350 diesel we changed the steering box and when we unbolted the steering column to slide it back the van went dead you put the key in and you get nothing no dash lights no glow plug won't turn nothing on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes it acts like there is no power what so ever

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It has a security system on it do you know how to reset it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Any idea how I fix it
7/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

The security system will not cause complete lack of electrical power.

How far back did you slide the steering column?

Was the key in the ignition at the time?

Have you checked your fuses to see if any blew?