Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2015 ford escape titanium. key fob is not detected and will

Customer Question

2015 ford escape titanium. key fob is not detected and will not start when we try to do it assuming a dead key fob battery
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: the key fob battery?
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: key fob would not open car so we used the old fashioned key to open the car. the dash board says no key detected. so we tried to start assuming the battery was dead in the key fob and still didn't start. I think the car nbattery is ok
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We actually just tried a jump start and the car started. Strange though because we had lights so maybe the battery is low and that affects operation of the transmitter to....the fob???
Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 2 months ago.

Hello, so this is an intelligent key with push button start? Will it start if yo place the remote at the IA detection slot? Do you have more than one key and are both keys inoperative? Have you tested and replaced the key fob remote batteries?