Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2015 ford escape titanium. key fob is not detected and will…

Customer Question
2015 ford escape titanium...

2015 ford escape titanium. key fob is not detected and will not start when we try to do it assuming a dead key fob battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

The key fob battery?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Key fob would not open car so we used the old fashioned key to open the car. the dash board says no key detected. so we tried to start assuming the battery was dead in the key fob and still didn't start. I think the car nbattery is ok

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
We actually just tried a jump start and the car started. Strange though because we had lights so maybe the battery is low and that affects operation of the transmitter to....the fob???
7/30/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 11 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, so this is an intelligent key with push button start? Will it start if yo place the remote at the IA detection slot? Do you have more than one key and are both keys inoperative? Have you tested and replaced the key fob remote batteries?