Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Rear tire wearing excessively on inside, couple of years.

Customer Question
Rear tire wearing excessively...

Rear tire wearing excessively on inside

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

Couple of years. camber looks excessive

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

23007 focus

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Focus?

2007 focus

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fix myself. nothing so far

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 11 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Do both of the rear wear to the inside or just one side?

both
both tires wearing quickly

Do you have the car jacked up so you can get under the car?

not yet. I am waiting for my son to do that. What would I look for?

The first thing you need to do is check to see if there is any play in the rear wheel bearings. To do this place your hands at 12 and 6 on the tires once they are off the ground and see if the wheel will move in and out. Then if it seems tight, move your hands to 3 and 9 and see if it has any play. There are two lower control arms that have bushings in them as well as one upper. Check all the bushings for wear or if they have gotten soft. If you have any questions if a bushing is bad, just take a pic and post it so i can have a look at it and I can tell you what I see.

thanks. We will check that

You are very welcome.