Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Rough idle ,acts like it wants to die than smooths out a…

Customer Question
Rough idle ,acts like...

Rough idle ,acts like it wants to die than smooths out a little. Runs all most smooth at 2500 rpms

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 2500?

It's a1998 f150 4x4 Lariat 5.4 I believe a 2 valve

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fuel injectors clean and checked pressure, checked vacuum lines. Let me add this .it was running great before my son drove it into a ditch

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
7/29/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

the ol truck in the ditch problem, ahhh classic, kids will be kids huh, so are you getting any codes?

No codes

I would start with the basics and do a throttle body clean and maf sensor clean with a computer reset and see what that does